Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bloomers for the little one

Sewing Baby Bloomers


Recently I checked out the book Sweet Booties by Valerie Van Arsdale Shrader from our library and tried out a few items from that. While the patterns came together really well and the final products looked good, Most of them were too big for my teeny-miny daughter. Here's a simplified bloomer that I based on the coverpage pattern. Since I have very little experience with knits, and this was my very first attempt to use walking foot. The final product is understandably less than perfect. But its still usable and the knit is very very comfy so I'm sure it will get used once the warmer weather comes along.
Do I recommend this book? Yes, if you're a beginner to intermediate level sewer. The projects are simple, things that get used daily with kids and they do have that cuteness factor which is a "Must have" in kids projects. My only advice - Pay attention to the sizing. I needed to use "Newborn" sizes for my "One and a half" year old. I don't know if she's THAT small or the sizes run THAT big.
I'll be showing off more stuff that I made based on this book in future posts.

2 comments:

  1. Jadwal Update Sabung Ayam SV388 20 Februari 2019 di Situs Judi Sabung Ayam Online Melalui Agen Resmi Taruhan Sabung Ayam Live Asli Thailand.

    Judi Sabung Ayam – Jika ingin mendaftar Games Permainan Sabung Ayam Khusus SV388. Cara untuk deposit atau withdraw, Anda bisa langsung kunjungi website kami atau langsung hubungi Customer Service kami melalui Livechat yang tersedia di website ini untuk melakukan semua Jenis transaksi Yang Ada.

    Untuk Info Lebih Lanjut Bisa Hub kami Di :
    wechat : bolavita
    line : cs_bolavita
    whatsapp : +628122222995
    BBM: BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)